Looking for a foolproof recipe to making the best marijuana brownies?
Be careful what you wish for, because this recipe is truly tantalizing.
Weed brownies are the perfect type of dessert that is sure to give every weed connoisseur an unforgettable experience.
Weed brownies are rich, sweet, and full of various textures — from ooey gooey to soft and crunchy. However, the best part in our recipe is adding a weed infusion to the base.
Of course, you can go to a dispensary near you and buy a few brownies for testing, but we all know that homemade weed brownies are superior to the store-bought ones.
First off, making weed edibles at home leaves you in charge of the quality of the ingredients in your recipe. But even if you manage to find some craft brownies in a dispensary, they will cost you way more than what you would pay for making a whole batch at home.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to make the best marijuana brownies in your kitchen. If you’ve made regular brownies at home, this recipe will be easy peasy!
Preparing for Your First Batch of Weed Brownies
There’s a myriad of recipes on how to make “the best” marijuana brownies, but people forget that the process of making these ooey gooey treats starts before you enter the kitchen.
Here’s what you need to do before making your first batch of marijuana brownies:
1. Select Your Marijuana Strain
The type of strain you choose will affect your marijuana brownies in several ways, including:
- THC Potency: picking a strain that has medium THC levels will allow you to enjoy the signature cannabis high without the overwhelming effects from having too much THC in your blood. If you’ve never made marijuana brownies before, the best potency for the job is somewhere around 15-20% THC per dry mass.
- Aroma and Taste: cannabis strains have various terpenes inside them. Terpenes influence the plant’s aromas and flavors, which affects how your brownies smell and taste too. In our recipe, we recommend choosing strains with sweet and pungent notes, preferably with berry undertones.
- Effects: the choice of your strain will also affect the effects you’ll be getting from your marijuana brownies. If you want something that will invigorate you and sharpen your focus, opt for strains with high levels of limonene, preferably sativas and sativa/dominant strains. Indica and indica-dominant hybrids are more likely to provide physical relaxation and a mellow state of mind, especially if they’re high in myrcene and/or linalool.
2. Decarboxylate Your Flower
Eating raw weed doesn’t produce any psychoactive effects because raw lower has no THC at all. The main compound of living marijuana plants is THCA, the acidic form of THC lacking intoxicating properties.
If you want to get high from edibles, you’ll need to convert THCA into THC by decarboxylating your plant material. Decarboxylation means heating the plant to certain temperatures, where cannabinoids and terpenes are released without triggering combustion.
To decarboxylate your weed, simply preheat your oven to 230 degrees Fahrenheit, grind your weed finely (but not too finely) and bake them for about 30 minutes, stirring when halfway through.
Decarboxylation will make your cannabis infusion more potent.
3. Decide on Your Cooking Fat
You can either use cannabutter to make marijuana brownies, or infuse your weed into some vegetable cooking oil. Below we cover both methods.
A) Infusing Marijuana into Butter
- About 30 grams of ground and decarboxylated marijuana
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound of grass-fed butter
- Glass storage container
How to make cannabutter for marijuana brownies:
- Boil water in the saucepan and stir in the butter until completely melted and incorporated into the liquid.
- Add your decarboxylated marijuana to the pan and turn the heat to low.
- Gently simmer your mixture for about 2-3 hours, stirring every now and then to prevent scorching. Your goal is to achieve a glossy, buttery texture.
- Set the cannabutter mixture aside to cool.
- Strain the cannabutter through cheesecloth into the glass container and seal it tightly. Squeeze any remaining liquid out of the cheesecloth to get as much fat as possible.
- Store your butter in the fridge until solidified. After that, get rid of any remaining water and pat dry the butter.
B) Cannabis cooking oil
Here’s how to make your marijuana infusion with a vegan-friendly alternative.
- 1 cup ground and decarboxylated marijuana
- 1 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
- Glass storage container
How to make cannabis cooking oil for marijuana brownies:
- Place the saucepan over low heat and warm it up for a bit before adding the ingredients.
- Combine marijuana with vegetable oil and simmer the mixture on low heat for about 3 hours, stirring every now and then.
- Let the mixture cool, then run it through cheesecloth into a glass container, making sure to squeeze the flower and maximize the volume of your butter.
- Store in a cool place away from air and light.
How to Make the Best Marijuana Brownies
You can find lots of recipes online on how to make the best brownies, but this one is a true game changer. It has the perfect texture, rich taste, and packs a punch of THC to make it not so guilty a treat.
- 240g dark chocolate
- ⅔ cup melted cannabutter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
How to make the best marijuana brownies step-by-step:
- Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 C)
- Break the chocolate into smaller bits and melt half of it.
- Combine melted butter with sugar and start beating in the eggs and vanilla extract until you end up with a fluffy, smooth, and pale batter.
- Gently fold in the melted chocolate. It should be warm but not too hot. Pouring hot chocolate over raw yolks can cause them to scramble.
- Mix the flour with cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with wet ingredients using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour the brownie batter into a cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, checking its doneness with a toothpick. Just poke the toothpick into your marijuana brownies and if it comes clean, the brownies are ready to get out of the oven.
How do you make marijuana brownies? Is there something special that you add to your recipe to make it even more mouthwatering?